Safeguard Our Founding Principles and Your Retirement Savings
Naming The Heritage Foundation a beneficiary of your qualified retirement account, such as an IRA or 401K, can be a tax-effective way to create a lasting legacy of freedom for America.
When you name Heritage as a charitable beneficiary of your account, you can potentially avoid the double, and sometimes triple taxation these types of assets are often subject to when left to a beneficiary other than your spouse.
Using your IRA to safeguard our founding principles is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Call your IRA, Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Brokerage, or other account custodian and request a change of beneficiary form.
- Designate “The Heritage Foundation” your charitable beneficiary in whole, part, or on a contingency basis. Heritage’s Federal Tax Identification Number is 23-7327730.
- Last but not least, enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you are making an important gift in support of the country you love! Let us know so we can honor and recognize your commitment to The Heritage Foundation as well as welcome you into our Heritage Legacy Society.
Heritage Legacy Society Membership
More than 2,000 of your fellow members have joined the Heritage Legacy Society by including Heritage in their estate plans or other planned gift such as a charitable gift annuity, a retirement plan designation, or gift of life insurance.
No matter how you choose to express your legacy, rest assured your commitment will help safeguard our founding principles for future generations.
There are many ways to create a lasting legacy for America, and we thank you for taking the time to learn more.
Benefits of Membership:
- Your own personal representative who will help answer questions about your membership or Heritage’s work.
- Special invitations to Heritage and Heritage Legacy Society events held around the country.
- An exclusive Heritage Legacy Society pin, designed by a prominent Washington designer whose work has graced the halls of Congress and the White House.
- Recognition in our Heritage Legacy Society Newsletter.
- Your commitment to The Heritage Foundation will be permanently memorialized in a special place of honor at our headquarters in Washington. (Of course, you may choose to remain anonymous).
- The satisfaction of knowing your gift will make a difference in the lives of millions of Americans.
If you would like more information about becoming a member of the Heritage Legacy Society, please fill out the form below:
When selecting a recurring donation, The Heritage Foundation will process this donation every month on the day of the month that you set up the recurring gift in the amount that you specify using the method of payment that you identified. You can cancel or change this donation at any time by contacting us at 1-800-546-2843. This authorization shall remain in effect until you notify The Heritage Foundation and Heritage has had reasonable time to act on it. A record of each debit will appear on your bank statement. You have the right to instruct your bank to reverse any and all debits.
The Heritage Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and charitable contributions are tax-deductible for income, gift and estate taxes. Our federal tax identification number is 23-7327730. State Registration Disclosures